Sunday 18 May 2014

Choice To Work: Make a Choice

Hari ni hari Ahad. But I have to drag my ass to the office to make sure the vendor install the banner for BMW line properly. Before installing the banner, maintenance people called me to get an approval before proceed installing the banner. I asked them to start first and monitor later. I reached my workplace about 10-ish and saw the vendor people were doing their work installing it. Good!

Whatever it takes, that huge banner have to be up and ready before monday.

If not, it's my head on the line. This actually a project lead by my head of department, H. But he had to take a medical leave for almost 2 weeks as he was infected with eye disease. Apparently, it had infected the whole family including the new born baby. So, I have to step in. I don't know whether he'll come to work tomorrow. 

Ada lagi dua tiga kerja yang pending. Tapi malasnya nak buat sebab hujan. Hehe. Sejuk. feeling feeling nak tido tu tinggi. Zzzzzzzz.

When I look back to what I did today, I have never imagine to be working in an automotive field. Since my uni days, I hate automotive to begin with. I pursue degree in Mechanical Engineering. 5 years ago when I'm applying the university and the courses that I wanted to take, my eldest brother was against the idea of me taking Mechanical Engineering course, saying that mechanical and women do not mix, you'll get a hard time searching for jobs later bla bla and the list goes on. At first, I wanted to succumb to his words. But I could not let myself be that negative.

Everything is a challenge. Nothing is easy. With Allah's grace, I know I can do it. To be honest, there are few moments when I feel down during my uni days that I just want to stop studying. Engineering is so hard! There are few times I cried reading my notes because I could not understand anything that I read. Calculus is so hard. When it comes to engineering drawing, oh my god. Even though it looks easy. But its NOT! you have to imagine parts, do some tweaking, making sure that the dimensions is all correct, do some pockets here and there. Its hard guys. But, alhamdulillah I overcome it.

When I want to take major for my final year, Automotive is definitely a no-no. What the heck is air duct? What piston? I never concentrate in Automotive class. No mood whatsover.  I love manufacturing. I love how in a factory, you can see everything become one piece. It's like a puzzle. I love to see how things are organised neatly. Bearing that interest in my mind, I took Manufacturing major. 

Alhamdulillah 5 years later saya dapat ja kerja. All thanks to Allah and doa mak abah saya. When it comes into working world, I work in a factory that assemble cars. Oh the irony. I'm assisting my head of department regarding the quality for premium cars which are BMW cars. BMW cars are awesome. 3 series, 5 series, MINI Cooper and many more. 

First few months was hard for me. I don't know anything about cars for God's sake. I dont know what is fender, boot lid. The specific names for specific parts. Yeah I'm that typical women who only know how to drive cars. If it does not work, send the car to the repair shop. But I know I have to change my mindset. I have to do something so that I am not that stupid when chit chatting with other guys. So, everyday I will Google any topic about cars. See some videos, do a research on some mechanism. For example, tire wear. Read read read about it. And then the next day, I will go to the assembly line near my office and witness how the operator assemble the tire to the car, how the do tire balancing, roller test and many more. Happy because I do not have to imagine it. You can see it in front of you!

In assembly line, you can see the body in white was being transported from Germany to Malaysia. The choices of color is so majestic and colorful. The assembly line looks so colorful I just love it. Parts by parts are assembled at respective station. I love puzzle. And seeing all of it in front of my eyes everyday is very exciting. 

And for now, I feel a bit regret for not concentrating in an automotive class. If I am more focus before, I do not need to be this stupid. Hehe. I love working in my work place now. Of course it has stress and challenges and all. If I cannot understand anything about cars, I can just go downstairs and see the process with my own eyes. Alhamdulillah. 

I guess Allah has its own ways. He gives you what you need, not what you want. God is great kan? Hehe. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment